Perfect for a leisurely, hearty family breakfast or brunch. I love my scrambled eggs sprinkled with salt and pepper or, occasionally, with chives which adds a nice twist of flavor.
The Perfect Scrambled EggsCourse: Breakfast-BrunchDifficulty: Simple
Perfect for a leisurely, hearty family breakfast or brunch.
4 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon canola or sunflower oil
1 tablespoon butter
fresh chives, cut into small rolls, optional
- In a large mixing bowl whisk eggs with milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up oil and butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and allow it to set stirring occasionally with a spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Serve sprinkled with salt, freshly ground pepper or fresh chives, cut into small rolls.
- Scrambled eggs with ham: Add 2 – 4 slices of ham, cut into strips, and briefly fry before adding the eggs.
- Scrambled eggs with mushrooms: Thinly slice and saute 4 – 8 mushrooms, before adding the egg mixture.
- Scrambled eggs with Lox: Cut 100 – 150 g of Lox into strips and add to the halfway set egg mixture and continue cooking.