Perfect for a leisurely, hearty family breakfast or brunch. I love my scrambled eggs sprinkled with chives, which adds a nice twist of flavor.
The Best Scrambled Eggs
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- white pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- a handful of fresh chives, cut into small rolls
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs with the milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up oil and butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and allow it to set stirring occasionally with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh chives.
Scrambled eggs can be easily upgraded:
- Scrambled eggs with ham: add 2-4 slices of ham, cut into strips, and slightly fry before adding the eggs.
- Scrambled eggs with champignons: clean and thinly slice 4-8 champignons. Sauté the mushrooms before adding the eggs.
- Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon: Cut 100-150g of salmon into strips and add to the halfway set egg mixture and continue cooking.