Sweet potatoes are delicious all-rounders. They can be turned into delightful desserts as well as into savoury dishes. These sweet potato fries taste spiced and sweet at once. They are the healthier alternative to regular fries. Enjoy the explosion of flavour.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly. With a scrubber get rid of any dirt. You don’t need to peel the potatoes.
- Cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise, cut each half in half lengthways, then each piece in half again so you end up with 8 wedges.
- Put the wedges in a large mixing bowl, sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss everything together to coat.
- Spread out on a large baking tray, then bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Take out of the oven and leave to sit for a couple minutes. Season with sea salt (otional). Enjoy with any kind of grilled meat or served as a party snack.