Mango mousse can be prepared with 2 simple ingredients: whipping cream and mangoes, supported by a splash of lemon juice, a little bit of sugar, and a hint of orange liqueur, for the jolly version. Topped with fresh strawberries for color, it is a great summer dessert!
Mango Mousse with StrawberriesCourse: DessertsCuisine: GermanDifficulty: Simple
Mango purée and whipped cream, topped with fresh strawberries for color. A summer delight!
2 ripe mangoes
4 tablespoons superfine sugar (caster sugar)
400 g / 14.1 oz heavy whipping cream
2 – 4 teaspoons orange liqueur, e.g. Grand Marnier (optional)
80 g / 2.8 oz fresh strawberries
- Peel the mangoes. Cut the fruit flesh from the pit and dice in small cubes. Squeeze the lemon.
- Combine mango pulp, lemon juice, and sugar in a tall mixing bowl and purée with a stick blender.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold mango puree under the whipped cream. If you like, refine the mousse with orange liqueur. Fill the mango mousse into shallow serving bowls.
- Rinse and pat dry strawberries. Cut in quarters or slices and garnish your mango mousse.
- If you like, add fresh mango cubes to your garnish and dust the top with confectioners’ sugar.