Last weekend I prepared a Moroccan Tajine from this wonderful piece of organic lamb.
The result? Lamb meat at its best: delicious!
I hope you like it as much as my family and I. Enjoy cooking!
Lamb - Apricots - Tajine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 can of chick peas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 300 g of lamb, boneless (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (alternatively you can use curry)
- 200 ml of water
- 1/2 tsp coriander seed (alternatively ground coriander)
- 2 fresh thyme twiggs
- 8 – 10 dried apricots
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Peel and dice finely onion and garlic. Wash the pepper, remove the seeds and cut the pepper into cubes.
- Heat up the oil in a casserole and sauté the lamb pieces. Add onion, garlic and pepper cubes and sauté briefly. Salt, pepper and season with turmeric and coriander.
- Add the strained chickpeas, the diced apricots and the thyme.
- Fill up with water and let it simmer for about 1 hour until the meat is soft.
The tajine tastes best served with couscous.