High in protein and fiber, with fewer carbohydrates than a conventional wheat or rye bread. One slice of this bread goes a long way. Enjoy it for breakfast or as a light snack.
Fitness BreadCourse: BreakfastCuisine: GermanDifficulty: Simple
Enjoy it for breakfast or as a snack.
2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
100 g / 3.5 oz wheat bran
100 g / 3.5 oz natural almond flour (from whole almonds)
100 g / 3.5 oz flax seeds
1 heaping tablespoonful baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
5 egg whites
300 g / 10.6 oz plain yogurt (best, if whole milk)
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 355F. Grease and line a medium-sized loaf pan (8.5-inch).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine buckwheat flour, wheat bran, almond flour, flax seeds, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Add yogurt and egg whites. Using a hand or stand mixer, fitted with beaters, beat for approx. 2 – 3 minutes until a smooth, even dough has formed.
- Transfer dough to the parchment-lined loaf pan. Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Let cool slightly in the pan then transfer onto a cooling rack and let cool down completely.