This filling, yet low calories traybake makes an excellent weeknight dinner. You can use any firm white fish in place of the cod – Alaska pollock, grouper or halibut would all work well.
Cod & Vegetables Traybake
- about 650g / 1lb 7oz of potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 x 120g / 4oz cod fillets, skinless and boneless
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- basil pesto
Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F
Layer the potatoes, onion and peppers in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle with the chopped garlic and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place bay leaves on top. Cover tightly with kitchen foil and bake for 1 hour.
Place the cod on top of the vegetables and spread each fillet with the pesto. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Serve immediately.