Prepare a supply of these delicious granola bars on a Sunday for a quick and easy breakfast on-the-go or a snack for the rest of the week.
- 100g / 3½oz butter
- 75ml / 2½fl oz golden syrup or sugar beet syrup
- 175g / 6oz rolled porridge oats
- 50g / 1¾oz pumpkin seeds
- 50g / 1¾oz sunflower seeds
- 50g / 1¾oz hazelnuts, crushed or roughly chopped
- 60g / 2¼oz dried apricots, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F and line a 24x24cm / 9x9in baking pan with baking parchment.
Heat the butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan over a medium heat until bubbling.
Meanwhile, tip the oats, seeds, nuts and apricots into a large bowl. Pour the hot syrup mixture over the oats and mix well to combine.
Pour into the lined baking tray and press down into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden-brown.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then take out with the baking parchment and cut into ca. 16 squares. When cold, transfer to an airtight container – they will keep for up to one week.