The inspiration for this dish comes from the cookbook “Meine Bayerische Küche” (“My Bavarian Kitchen”) by the prominent German chef, author and restaurant owner, Alfons Schuhbeck.
- 1 – 2 tbsp oil (for example walnut oil)
- 700 g pork filet (pork tenderloin)
- flavored butter of your choice (for example my homemade herb butter)
- pepper from the pepper mill
- Preheat the oven to 100° C / 212° F. Place the oven rack on the middle rail and a drip tray underneath.
- Heat up the oil in a pan. Sear the pork tenderloin from all sides at a medium heat. Remove the meat from the pan and cook in the oven directly on the oven rack for 2 hours.
- Melt the herb butter in a pan at a medium heat. Turn the tenderloin in the melted butter and season with salt and pepper.