The bread contains more protein anf fiber and less carbohydrates than a conventional wheat or rye bread. That’s why it is also known as low carb bread or protein bread.
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 100 g wheat bran
- 100 g ground almonds (here in the U.S. better known as almond meal/flour)
- 100 g flax seed
- 1 heaped tablespoonful baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 5 egg whites
- 300 g plain yogurt (I use whole milk yogurt, but if you prefer a low fat version that’s just as good.)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180° C / 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine buckwheat flour, wheat bran, ground almonds, flax seed, baking powder and sea salt.
- Add yogurt and egg whites. With a hand mixer beat for approx. 3-4 min. until smooth, even dough has formed.
- Transfer dough to a parchment lined loaf pan. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds on top.
- Bake for approx. 50-60 min.
Enjoy for breakfast or as a light snack.