This mango cream can be very well prepared in advance: prepare the mango puree, beat the whipping cream until it is stiff and refrigerate both in separate and covered containers. Just before serving finish the cream as described below. The amount makes 4-6 servings.
You can also use the cream as a topping for ice cream desserts or fruit salat.
Mango cream with strawberries
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1/2 lemon
- 100 g fein sugar
- 400 g whipping cream
- 1 – 2 cl orange liqueur (z. B. Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- ca. 80 g strawberries
- Peel the mango and cut the flesh off the stone. Cut large pieces into smaller cubes.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon half. Place the mango pieces and the lemon juice in a high mixing bowl and puree with a hand blender.
- In a high mixing bowl whip the heavy cream with an electric mixer until it is stiff, gradually adding the sugar.
- Fold in the mango puree. Refine the mango cream with orange liqueur than fill into small dessert bowl or dish.
- Wash the strawberries and cut into slices or quarters. Garnish the mango cream with the strawberries and serve dusted with icing sugar.