- 250 g potatoes (makes approx. 2 medium size potatoes)
- 350 g wheat flour
- 100 g quick 1 – minute oat flakes
- 1 paket dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 ml warm water
- old fashioned oat flakes to sprinkle
- Cook the potatoes with the skin. Peel and press through a potato ricer. Let them cool down.
- Mix flour and quick 1 – minute oat flakes, add the potatoes. Create a small dent in the mixture and put the yeast and sugar in it. Sprinkle the salt around the dent.
- Pour the warm water in and around the dent. Knead with a mixer (use the dough hooks) until the dough is smooth.
- Cover the dough with a clean dish towel and leave it in a warm place to rise until it doubles its size.
- Form an oblong bread and either put it on a baking tray lined with baking paper or put it in a greased bread pan. Cover with a dish towel and let it rise again.
- Preheat the oven to 394 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush the bread with water, make several diagonal cuts and sprinkle with old fashioned oat flakes. Bake for about 45 minutes.